The million dollar question…. What is in my travel bag?
Hellloooo from LAX! Just landed from Seattle and now I’m currently waiting for my connecting flight to Paris and I figured I would finally share my skincare travel bag, after all, it is my job to do so. By now I’m sure you guys are very aware of my healthy obsession with skincare and spoiler alert, my skincare routine doesn’t stop just because I’m traveling- It still goes strong! So here’s a quick overview of what I brought:
- I always bring my Bioderma Micellar water. If you guys haven’t tried Micellar water, you are missing out. It’s probably (IMO) the best type of cleanser because takes all your makeup off with one sweep. That’s important to me because it minimizes tugging on your face which creates wrinkles and fine lines.
- Now I was trying to pack light so I forgot my double cleanser so I ran to a Sephora and picked this Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser in Seattle. I can tell right off the bat if I like a cleanser or not. My requirements are 1. obviously cleans my face, 2. no gross residue or strips my skin, 3. scent. I don’t need months to know if a cleanser works because cleansers are immediate. Serums, moisturizers, on the other hand, takes months to see results. I’ve never heard of this brand before but I’m glad I chose this cleanser. It’s gel-like with a very light strawberry scent (strawberry seeds are an ingredient in the cleanser) plus it’s a CLEAN beauty product. I like this… A LOT! And it removes my makeup even if I don’t use Micellar water which is GREAT! Obsessed!
Probably the most important part of my skincare routine, so I bring a lot. Maybe too much. One of the best things I’ve purchased for travel is the Littles set from Drunk Elephant. These minis have made my skincare travel EASY PEASY. Here’s are a serums I always bring:
- Vitamin C- Usually the Drunk Elephant one since it’s a mini.
- Some type of oil- This time around I brought Marula Oil.
- Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier from Skinceuticals– This is a MUST. Can’t live w/o it!
- Collagen Drops from Rodial – Obsessed with this. It’s so lightweight yet powerful.
- Retinol Super Nova Serum from Joanna Vargas – This is new to me. It is a retinol which improves firmness, enhances clarity, and restores youthful vitality. It’s $295 so I’m gonna use at least half this bottle before I have any opinion and report back since it’s something I don’t take lightly.
I brought only three moisturizers with me. ONLY THREE! Are you proud?
- Rodial Dragons blood sculpting gel– Lightweight for day or night. Since it’s gel I usually wear this during the day.
- Dr. Dennis Gross C+ Collagen Deep Cream – Will wear this at night for extra boost of Collagen and Vitamin C.
- Curology– A new favorite of mine. Customized subscription skincare is probably the best way to describe it. They specialize in acne prone skin so if you’re struggling with acne I’d highly suggest checking them out, but they also customize any skin type acne or not and so far it’s been good for my concerns (anti-aging, wrinkles, dark spots).
- Dermalogica Pure Light SPF 50– Hands down my favorite SPF I’ve tried in the last 5 years!
- Shiseido SPF stick– This is a unique kind of SPF. It’s a clear gel stick that leaves no residue on your face. I like to use it as extra protection if I have a blemish or dark spot I want to protect.
- SkinCeuticals Eye SPF– Starting to get freckles around my eyes so I need eye SPF now… ugh!
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask– Also a new product to me. I love the fact that you don’t have to wash it off and that it’s not an actual sheet mask. I don’t like putting on a sheet mask on the plane. I feel like it gets messy and I also don’t feel like scaring my neighbors sitting next to me. I also used this mask when I have a few drinks to replenish my skin during my sleep. I’m obsessed with this mask! It’s definitely worth the hype IMO.
- Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi serum– This is a bronzer/skincare in a bottle. It’s genius. It’s light enough to put all over your face and give you a nice glow while protecting and nourishing your skin.
- Dr. Dennis Gross eye gel– We already went over this product many many many times. It’s still a favorite and I have a travel size version of it ‘cus I like it that much.
- Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Peel– Honestly I have a bunch of these packets and I never use them when I’m at home but for some reason, I like then a lot when I travel. Probably because it’s convenient and already packaged up nicely for me. Have I seen a huge difference when using these? Not really. But I’ll continue to use them till I finish the box and maybe I’ll see more of a difference then. Will keep you posted.