- The historic beachfront property sits above the Pacific and is the perfect location when staying in Monterey.
- Walking distance to all the iconic attractions of Cannery Row, Old Fisherman’s Wharf and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. And only 10 minute drive to Carmel.
- The ocean front rooms are more of a traditional design but they were spacious, clean, and the balcony views were breathtaking.
- Pro tip: Visit their award-winning rooftop luxury spa. I got a deep tissue massage and it was bliss! The spa has an amazing view of the ocean, steam rooms, showers, gym, and roof top jacuzzi. 100% worth visiting!
- Overall stay was wonderful and the location was just picture perfect!
Here’s all the spots you guys recommend, I didn’t get to go to all of them but there were recommend the most:
+ Toro – It the spot for the sushi craving but nothing that exciting. 7/10
+ Stationaery -breakfast & brunch spot. new & hip. We got the smoked salmon on potato pancake. 10/10
+ Passion Fish – A little bit more upscale seafood centered dining experience. This was really delicious. Get the seafood soup and crab and avocado salad. 9/10
+ ALTA Bakery – cute patio in back, but pastries and food was ok. 4/10
+ Revival Ice cream – we got the milk and honey and guava sorbet. delicious! 9/10
+ La Bolena – Casual Italian restaurant. Family friendly, amazing service, and the fresh made pastas was on point! 8/10
Places we didn’t get to visit but we’re top recommendations:
+ Cella – wine bar
+ Cultura – mexican food
+ La Bicyclette – modern french
+ Cantinetta Luca – Italian
+ Casanova – italian, french, wine
+ Cafe Rustica – french dinner spot
+ Flying Fish Grill – japanese
+ Captain + Stoker – coffee
+ Comanche Cellars: We actually really enjoyed this small wine tasting.
+ Folktake Winery & Vineyards: Beautiful outdoor winery with live music. Wines were crisp and tasty but the food (esp the open fire pizzas were to die for) Overall the ambiance and scenery + food is 100% worth the visit. Most make reservations beforehand.
+ Cowgirl Winery didn’t have a chance to visit but everyone was telling me this was was worth a visit and located in a cute area with shops.
Places to look explore:
+ Monterey Old Fisherman’s Wharf
+ Monterey Bay Aquarium
+ Carmel by the Sea Beach: The beach here was breathtaking. The waters were crystal clear.
+ Downtown Carmel: We walked around the area. Tons of shops and boutiques. There was even a Bottega Veneta!
+ Point Lobos Natural Reserve
+ Earthbound Farm’s Farm Stand: the cutest little Farm stand with organic groceries and snacks. Loved this place so much.
+ Tancredi and Morgen: Very cute little french boutique with home decor items and imported ceramics. Definitely worth the visit!