Sephora Holiday event is here (up to 20% off depending on your account). Wanted to note a few key products that are worth mentioning.
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant– Used it for years. Helped clear my pores and dead skin cells on the surface level. Also helped a lot with milia on my cheekbones.
- Glow Recipe Cleanser– Good everyday cleanser. Skin felt v clean after, a little stripping though but still loved it!
- Indie Lee Brightening– Another favorite of mine. Def. worth trying. V gentle and mind.
- Summer Fridays Cleanser– Newest one to my routine but I love how this cleanser feels and cleans. Also v gentle.
- Caudalie Vinopure Gel Cleanser– This is a nice gentle cleanser that’s fragrance free and leaves my skin feeling clean but not dried out.
- Dermalogica Precleanse– Oil-based cleanser that gets most of your makeup off. I usually go in with this first and then double cleanse with a water-based cleanser after.
ESSENCE / SERUMS / TREATMENTS
Gonna be honest I’m not HUGE on toners/essence unless my skin is like SUPER dehydrated and thirsty AF. I would rather invest in a better serum than a toner/essence but that’s just me.
- SK II Essence– Listen, if you got the means and you’re dying to try it out then do it now during the sale. It’s a beautiful essence and my skin loved it but…
- Caudalie Essence – This did the same thing for my skin as the SK -II and it’s like wayyyy cheaper but that’s just me…
Just to point out that my holy grail vitamin c is Skinceuticals CE ferulic and it’s not available at Sephora FYI but this one is pricy so I always rotate with the ones below:
- Drunk Elephant Vit C- The new formulation/packaging they came out with is a game changer. It’s lighter in consistency (before it was more heavier) and more powerful since the new packaging allows you to mix in the powder! Highly recommend if you’re looking for a vit c light weight serum.
- Summer Fridays CC me serum- It’s not my first choice for vit c serum, but i think it a good serum to have if you’re new to vit c, sensitive to vit c, or if you’re looking for an easy light overall serum since it has other beneficial ingredients as well i’d recommend.
- Peter Thomas Roth Spot Brightener– This really worked for me. Works on fresh acne dark spots not old spots. I committed to it so I used it 2x every day.
- Sunday Riley Vitamin C.E.O.– This one is a little more hydrating and good for colder months when skin is drier.
Serums / Treatments
- Alpha H Liquid Gold– Exfoliating Treatment with Glycolic acid- this stuff is so powerful & really keeps the pores nice and tight. Cleans up the dead skin cells.
- Biossance Phyto-Retinol- What I’ve been using the most esp during pregnancy. A good overall serum to keep it hydrated, youthful. It doesn’t work like retinol but it’s a serum I reach for quite often.
- Biossance Squalane + 10% Lactic Acid Resurfacing Night Serum- This is a great night time serum. You’ll wake up with fresh baby skin. It’s quite powerful so a little goes a long way.
- Caudalie Serum– Another good overall serum. Something to target all things like anti-aging, dark spots, hydration. Very lightweight.
- Drunk Elephant AHA– This is my go-to AHA. Always gets the job done. Chemically exfoliates my skin and keeps it clean and tight.
- Tata Harper Superkind Serum– I love that this serum is clean yet effective. Targeted my fine lines and lightened up dark spots.
In general, I feel moisturizers all really serve one purpose – lock in hydration. I think serums are where you will see a difference in your skin and can splurge for the most part.
BUT there are a few exceptions to this which I’ve noticed a lot more now that I’m getting older.
- Augustinus Bader – The Rich Cream & The Cream– I’m sorry I’m a broken record and talk about AB all the time but I cannot live without it. I can do a two step skin routine everyday because of it. You can skip all the serums except vitamin c when you use AB moisturizers. It’s that effective.
- Tata Harper Fortifying Moisturizer– Also another that is UP there and for good reason. Another one I gravitate towards everyday!
- La Mer Soft Cream– This moisturizer is nice and lightweight yet super moisturizing. It feels luxe and if you have the means, you really can’t go wrong with this one!
BUT if you’re looking for something more simple here are my favorites that are still worth trying out. To note- I prefer lightweight gel-like texture, fast-absorbing formulations.
- Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream- Like this one because it’s not super heavy, absorbs well and feels like a drink of water to the skin.
- Tata Harper Clarifying Moisturizer for blemish prone skin- Super soothing and great for acne prone skin. Doesn’t feel greasy and leaves a matte finish.
- Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Cream– This one isn’t gel-like, but is a nice moisturizer for the colder months when my skin needs that extra boost of moisture.
- Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery– I’ve used this for years and love it. I like that it’s SPF 50 and sits well under makeup.
- Biossance SPF 30 PA+++– This is great for sensitive skin and very lightweight. Leaves a dewy finish.
- Tatcha Silken SPF– I gravitated towards this SPF for a while; it was also featured in my favorites on IGTV. I actually really liked how it felt on my skin.
- Supergoop Mist– I don’t use this for a daily SPF but when I ‘m outside for a long period of time, travel or I’m at the pool I ALWAYS bring this with me. So easy to reapply sunscreen.
A few of holy grails. I’ve featured almost all of these on my “make up” highlights on ig!
RANDOM THINGS I LOVE THAT I DON’T TALK ABOUT