I get asked daily “What serums do you recommend?” from you guys but also from my close friends and family so I figured DUH, I should write a blog post. These have been my favorites either right now or for the last three years. I’ve used all these products equally and can 100% stand by them since they are classics. Now, you don’t need all these serums but if you’re looking to see what’s right for you this list is a great place to start!
- Skinceuticals C E Ferulic
Acid :A true favorite of mine. It’s the first Vitamin C I ever used and ever since then my face has completely changed. I’m not on my third bottle and I will say it’s not as potent as it was when I first started because my skin is very used to Vitamin C now but the first time I used this, my skin was 100% brighter, less discolored, helped my fine lines and wrinkles and gave me an overall healthy youthful glow. CosrxTriple C Lightning Liquid – Now that my skin is very much used to vitamin c, this was a great and more affordable alternative I used. Didn’t have the dramatic changes as the SkinCeuticals one but still a great alternative. BelifHungarian Water Essence: For when my face is dehydrated AF (aka those hangover days) I use this religiously. This is water based so it’s not oily or greasy. It’s just hydrating and it goes into your skin leaving no residue on the face. Also if you’re skin is dehydrated that where smile lines can get deeper and deeper and those cheek bonesstart falling down so don’t forget to hydrate your face!
- Joanna Vargas Daily Serum: This is a new serum to my routine but OMG I can’t live without it. It’s luxurious and effective. Does a great job of hydrating and firming the face. It’s super lightweight and really just a great overall everyday face serum.
- Dr. Jart Peptidin Radiance Serum: I’m obsessed with the
DrJart Peptidin serums. There’s also a blue bottle which is the Firming serum which I love equally. Both are super lightweight, hydrating and powerful. And the best part is it’s at a great price point for the amount of product and quality you get! Peptidin
- Rodial Collagen Drops: This has been a favorite of mine all of 2018. I actually did a campaign with this product and it still is my go-to for collagen. It’s also another hydrating product that helps with deep lines (for me smile lines) and it has 30% collagen!
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum: I’m adding this to the list because I do believe it’s a good everyday serum for those who are new to skincare or just looking for a light serum and great for all skin types. It’s very VERY lightweight. Almost feels like water. I used this consistently in my 20’s and although I’m not using it now, I would still recommend this to those are just getting into skincare or needs something super lightweight yet has good effective ingredients. My younger sister (26 yr old) is using this currently and she’s raving about her skin and how healthy her skin is becoming!
- Tata Harper Boosted Contouring Serum: A very natural skincare brand with a luxe price. It’s a serum that I’m loving right now. It’s all natural ingredients with no chemicals or preservative so it does go bad fast. I keep this in my fridge to make it last longer. But I love it and so does my skin!
- Indie Lee Stem Cell Serum: If you are looking to upgrade your skincare to the next level this is the serum to really look into. It’s highly potent and powerful. I saw differences in my skin within two weeks. My pores have greatly reduced, my dark spots and fine lines are also plumper. This serum is amazing and it transformed my skin when it was looking dull and tired.
- Skinceuticals Hyaluronic Acid: A holy grail of mine. I’m currently taking a break from this one since I’ve been testing out indie lee and Tata Harper serums, but this was the first product that has helped me with my smile lines. Two years ago when I started noticing my smile lines more I looked into this product and jumped the gun. About 4 weeks after I started using it, my smiles were way more hydrated and plumped. I wouldn’t say it was super dramatic but my overall appearance was way more youthful!
- Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Growth Factor Extreme Neuropeptide Serum: I can’t give this product 100% credit for contouring my jawline and working on my jowls but it did help! I notice subtle changes and my face did seem overall more contoured when I used this serum. The only thing I will note is that after I went through about 90% of the bottle, I noticed it kind of stopped working as strong. Either the ingredients diluted cus it got old or my skin stopped reacting to it, but either way, this serum was literally LIT when it did work!
- True Botanicals Repair Serum: Another clean product that I LOVED for my skin. Omg, this serum might be in my top 3 serums because it’s natural and good for my skin and body! The formula is a gel texture that also sinks into the skin immediately. Very lightweight! My skin was radiant, yes absolutely radiant from this serum. It was something my skin really needed. If you’re into natural clean beauty this is one you should invest in because it actually works wonders! A very powerful serum alternative for the clean beauty gals out there!
- Drunk Elephant Glycolic Night Serum: For those big pores and dull skin you NEED an AHA. It’s like a light chemical peel that rids all dead skin cells, dirt and oil from your pores and basically gives you a new face. This one is not as crazy or potent as other AHA serums. This one could be used every day if you wanted to but I would recommend using this 2-3x a week. AHA has helped dramatically with more pores. It keeps your skin/pore TIGHT AF!